Arlene Istar Lev, LCSW-R, CASAC - Training Director
Arlene Istar Lev offers consultation and supervision in the areas of couple and family counseling, sexual and gender
identity, and addictions and trauma recovery. Arlene has been a practicing therapist for over 20 years and college
educator and trainer for nearly that long.
Arlene is on the adjunct faculties of S.U.N.Y.
at Albany, School of Social Welfare and the Vermont College of The Union Institute and University. She has also lectured, taught, presented, and worked with students at numerous colleges
and universities including: Prescott
College (Arizona) Russell-Sage College (Albany NY), S.U.N.Y. at New Paltz Nursing School, Rockefeller College Professional
Development Program (Albany NY), Siena College (Loudonville NY), and the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey (New Brunswick NJ), University
of Vermont (Burlington, VT), S.U.N.Y. at Binghamton, Cornell University (Ithaca, NY) and the University
of Connecticut (Storrs, CT).
Arlene serves as a Board Member for the Family Pride Coalition http://www.familypride.org, and as a member of the editorial
Board of The Journal of GLBT Studies http://www.haworthpress.com/web/GLBTF .
Arlene has presented in-service trainings, workshops, and grand rounds for numerous human service agencies including:
Albany Medical Center, Albany Law School, NYS Department of Aging, PFLAG, Alcoholism Council of Schenectady County,
Planned Parenthood, Sunny View Hospital, Conifer Park, MiddlEarth Peer Counseling, The Gay and Lesbian Community
Council, University Behavioral Health Center of the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Alcoholism
Council of Niagara County, Catholic Family Services, The Brattleboro Retreat, and St. Peter's Alcohol Rehabilitation
Center just name a few.
Additionally, Arlene has presented at many local and national conferences including:
- Harry Benjamin International Gender Dysphoria Association
- Council of Social Work Education
- New York State Council of Social Work Educators Conference
- Multicultural Family Institute
- International Foundation for Gender Education Conference
- National Association of Social Workers Conferences (New York, New Jersey, and Massachusetts)
- York State Council of Social Work Educators
- In the Family Conferences
- American Boyz True Spirit Conferences
- Lesbian and Gay Family Building Conferences
- Annual Fall Institute
- Sidney Albert Institute
- New York Federation of Alcohol Counselors Conference
- National Gay and Lesbian Health Conference
- Albany Hartford Internships in Aging Project
- School Social Work Conference
To examine Arlene Istar Lev's resume and vitae with
a full listing of workshops and trainings, click