- Beam, C. (2007). Transparent: Love, Family, and Living the T with Transgender Teenagers. NY: Harcourt.
- Brill, S.A. (2008). The Transgender Child: A Handbook for Families and Professionals. SF: Cleis Press.
- Boenke, M. (2003) (Ed.).Trans forming families: Real stories abou transgendered loved ones. Imperial Beach CA: Walter Trook Publishing.
- Boyd, H. (2003). My husband Betty: Love, sex, and the life of a crossdresser. New York: Thunder’s Mouth Press.
- Boyd., H. (2007). She's not the man I married: My life with a transgender husband. Emeryville, CA: Seal Press.
- Brown, M. L. & Rounsley, C. A. (1996). True selves: Understanding transsexualism for families, friends, coworkers and helping professionals. S.F.: Jossey-Bass Pub.
- Burke, P. (1996). Gender Shock: Exploding the myths of male and female. NY: Anchor Books/Doubleday.
- Califia, P. (1997). Sex changes: The politics of transgenderism S.F.: Cleis Press.
- Cohen-Kettenis, P.T. & Pfäfflin, F (2003). Transgenderism and intersexuality in childhood and adolescence. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
- Colpinto, J. (1999). As nature made him: The boy who was raised as a girl. NY: Harper Collins.
- DeCrescenzo, T, and Mallon, G.P. (2002). Serving Transgender Youth: The Role of the Child Welfare System: Proceedings of a Colloquium. Washington, D.C.: Child Welfare League of America.
- Ettner, R. (1999). Gender loving care: A guide to counseling gender-variant clients. NY: W. W. Norton and Co.
- Erhardt, V. (2006). Head over heels: Wives who stay with cross-dressers and transsexuals. Binghamton, NY: The Haworth Press.
- Green, J. (2004). Becoming a visible man. Nashville, TN: Vanderbilt Press.
- Lev, A. I. (2004). Transgender Emergence: Counseling Gender-Variant People and their Families. Binghamton, NY: Haworth Press.
- Lev, A. I. (2004). The Complete Lesbian and Gay Parenting Guide. NY: Berkley.
- Mallon, G.P. (1999). Social Service with Transgendered Youth. Binghamton NY: Harrington Park Press.
- Meyerowitz, J. (2002). How sex changed: A history of transsexuality in the United States. Cambridge, Mass: Harvard University Press.
- Preves, S. (2003). Intersex and Identity: The contested self. New Brunswick, NJ: Rutgers University Press.
- Rottnek, M. (Ed.), (1999). Sissies & Tomboys: Gender Nonconformity and Homosexual Childhood. New York: New York University Press.
- Stone Fish, L., & Harvey, R. G. (2005). Nurturing Queer Youth: Family Therapy Transformed. New York: W. W. Norton & Company, Inc.
- Valerio, M.W. (2006). The testosterone files: My hormonal and social transformation from female to male. Emeryville, CA: Seal Press.
- Vanderburgh, R. (2007). Transition and Beyond: Observations on Gender Identity. Q Press: Portland, Oregon.